Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The book continues











Wow, it's been a long time since I've written! Time has been flying, I must be having fun.








The sculptural book piece is finished; I'll share it in a later post. It took a lot longer to finish it than I had anticipated, as things often do. While I had the book standing up on end it looked like it wanted a figure to sit on top, that would look down into the pages. I still wanted to do some kind of faces ....SO....I decided to cut silhouettes from the pages of the book.








At this point the question was whether to cut many different silhouettes, or do one silhouette 1200 times (there are 1200 pages in the book). As I was pondering this I thought how many of the characters from the books I read when I was young had stayed with me, I still think of them, some had helped to shape me. I decided to cut many different faces in the book. All 1200 pages. It took a long time. A very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment