Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Creative Paperclay







It's my favorite medium for sculpting.






Why Creative Paperclay you ask?






What's not to like?






It's easy to work with - It air dries, no kiln, no oven needed.






It's forgiving - You can change what you've done even after it dries, just cut off the part you don't like, wet the area you're going to add new clay to and start over!






It's versatile - It can be sculpted into faces, hands, rocks, walls. It can be draped for cloth. I've made figures ranging in size from 1.5" to 4.5' tall.






But most of all, for me, it's the surface when it's dry; it's just like paper (as the name implies?). I can draw on it with pencil, or paint it with watercolor or acrylic. It can take a wash or heavy coverage with paint, or the white clay can stand on it's own.






I love it. If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment